Coronavirus COVID 19
Postponement of DMEA 2020
On Wednesday the WHO officially declared the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak a pandemic. Furthermore, the Berlin public health authorities have decided to cancel large events with over 1,000 participants until 19 April 2020.
In the light of these developments and as a health and safety precaution for our exhibitors, visitors and partners we have decided to postpone this year’s DMEA, which will now take place from 16 to 18 June 2020.
Cancellation of events with more than 1000 persons by the state of Berlin until 19 April
We take note of the cancellation today by the Berlin Health Administration of events with 1000 persons and more until April 19. On Friday, 13 March, we will inform our trade visitors, exhibitors, partners and the public about the concrete consequences for this year's DMEA.
As things stand at present, DMEA will take place without restrictions as planned from April 21 to 23, 2020.
At DMEA, we will implement the preventive measures recommended by the WHO and Robert Koch Institute:
- Hand disinfectant dispensers will be available at all entrances and in all restrooms.
- Cleaning and disinfection intervals will be increased, especially for handrails, door handles and other frequently used surfaces.
Rules of conduct
- Avoid physical contact, including hugs or shaking hands.
- Sneeze into the crook of your arm (not your hand).
- Avoid repeated use of handkerchiefs.
We recommend the following websites for further information:
If you have any questions about the coronavirus or any other issue, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will keep you up to date on any further developments.
Your DMEA Team