Angelika Händel studied Healthcare Management (M.A.) and Health Sciences (B.Sc.)
Angelika Händel is an employee of Universitätsklinikum Erlangen. Her specialist fields are DRG financial controlling, quality management and integrated patient care. She also coordinates and organises new forms of patient care in cooperation with opthalmologists.
Positions and membership include the following:
- Member of the board of the German Association of Medical Information Specialists (DVMD), the Medical Documentation and Information Management Association
- From 2013 to 2016 president of the International Federation of Health Information Management Associations (IFHIMA)
- Member of the Global Health Workforce Council (GHWC) of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- Member of the editorial team of mdi (Forum der Medizin_Dokumentation und Medizin_Informatik)
- Co-chair of the EFMI (European Federation for Medical Informatics) Health Information Management Europe (HIME) Project Group